Constant breezes and cooler temperatures are just some of the advantages of living near the ocean. However, while coastal regions are some of the country’s most beautiful and desirable places to reside, the salt air and wet climate can reduce the integrity of architectural metal.
If you install a louvered roof and live within 3 miles of the coastline, there’s an easy way to protect your investment and reduce maintenance costs. The Outdoor Elements Sea Coast Package is the ultimate choice for louvered roof protection.
Roof Protection in Harsh Coastal Climates
The Sea Coast Package was meticulously designed to protect against atmospheric conditions unique to coastal and moist environments. In addition, because salt can slowly degrade the protective oxide on aluminum, this package takes extra measures to preserve and extend the lifespan of our louvered roof components.
A premium primer and single powder coating are adequate for normal climatic conditions, but the risk of metal corrosion is much greater when you’re near the ocean. For this reason, we first apply an integrated primer to all extruded aluminum components and then bake them at 400 degrees. This step is followed by the application of a Super Duty Powder Coat Material and a second round of high-temperature baking to cure it. This multi-step process shields louvered roof systems in coastal areas against the damaging effects of both salt and moisture.
The Sea Coast package was created to help our clients maximize the longevity of their adjustable patio roof systems. It features powder-coat technology that enhances protection, durability, and performance in harsh coastal climates, whether you’re in La Jolla, Morro Bay, or Galveston.
Protect your investment from the elements that can cause corrosion.
- Salt – Salt is a corrosive agent that slowly deteriorates paint, metal, and finishes. Saltwater and salty air lead to galvanic corrosion, and exterior paint that isn’t protected is more prone to fading, chipping, and peeling.
- Moisture – Coastal areas are generally more humid than their inland counterparts. This is because the air absorbs moisture directly from the ocean. These high levels of water vapor in the air can cause mold that undermines exterior paint. The Sea Coast Package protects against the effects of both salt and humidity.
- UV Rays – Sun exposure and humid air can create a soap-like coating on exterior paint over time. The Super Duty Powder Coat Material guards against this damaging effect.
Benefits of The Sea Coast Package
As stated above, salty air, high moisture levels, and proximity to the sea require protective treatment for coastal properties. Consider the benefits of the Sea Coast package:
- Louvered roof components will withstand the elements better and last longer.
- Corrosion-resistant. Double powder coating provides a protective barrier that helps stop rust from forming.
- Chip resistant. Our powder-coated extruded aluminum frames will not chip, scratch, or peel.
- Low maintenance. Minimal care and cleaning are all that’s needed.
- Finishes are long-lasting. Powder coating provides a durable finish that is tougher than conventional paint. As a result, colors stay fresh and vibrant for years to come.
- 10-10-5 Year Warranty. Outdoor Elements provides a 10-year warranty on the structural system and powder coating finish as well as a 5-year warranty on all electronic and power components.
For more information about louvered roof protection in coastal climates, contact us today.